With Brexit and the European Elections, the3million ask whether MEPs will fight for EU citizens’ rights in the next European Parliament.
Will your MEPs fight for EU citizens’ rights in the next European Parliament? There is no better time to ask them, as they are seeking election on 23-26 May.
As a candidate for the European Parliament elections 2019, I
- Support a commitment before the October deadline to safeguard citizens’ rights at EU/UK level, whatever the outcome of Brexit.
- Support a strong stance by the European Parliament on the protection of citizens’ rights in any negotiations on a future EU/UK relationship.
- Support the freedom of movement for all existing EU citizens and will explain the opportunities it has given people across Europe and ensure this right is protected in the next European Parliament.
- Click here to write to your existing MEP.
- Click here to see the list of candidates in your region to get in touch with them
The pledge is aimed mostly at British MEP candidates but it can be endorsed by MEP candidates from other EU27 countries in support of protecting the rights of EU citizens living in the UK and British citizens living in the EU27.
For further detail on how the EU could secure our rights by the 31 October deadline, see our briefing document (pdf).
Please note the3million urges EU citizens to vote but we do not endorse individual candidates or any political parties.🔷
Did you know the3million is the leading non-profit organisation of EU citizens in the UK? We are grateful of your support, as we simply couldn’t have campaigned for citizens’ rights over the last 24 months without you. If you can afford it, please become a paying supporter today to allow the campaign to continue for the next 24 months and beyond if necessary.
You can also:
- Follow our Twitter account.
- Like our Facebook page.
- Take part in the conversations with 37,000 fellow EU citizens on Facebook.
- Forward our newsletter to your friends and relatives, who can sign up to receive the newsletter in their inbox.
Have you got a story you would like to share with our readers?
You can share your experience today by submitting your story to us:
Tell us your story now!
Liked this story?
Found it useful?
Here’s what you can do next:
(This piece was originally published on the3million newsletter. | The author writes in a personal capacity.)