A precise summary of everything newspapers have forgotten to tell you this morning about Operation Yellowhammer.
First published in September 2019.
• Twitter user @sjharley wrote and shared the following story on Twitter a few hours ago.
• Definitely worth a read!
So, here it is, Yellowhammer summary in summary...
1. School holidays make 31 October a sh*tty day for this to happen.
2. We don’t think Ireland will cut the power supply to Northern Ireland.
3. Half the number of lorries will get through Dover, with waits of up to 2.5 days and it’ll get about 10 percent better after 3 months, so that’s Dover f*cked.
4. You think passport control is sh*te now?
5. Energy supply will be fine, but prices will go up... some energy companies might leave the market... (that’s code for go to the wall)
6. There will be shortages of medicines... which will also affect medicines for animals potentially affecting the safety of food supplies. We are trying to come up with a plan though obviously.
7. There will he gaps on shelves as fresh food choices will be more limited and prices will go up. Probably made worse by panic buying. We will have clean water, though there is a small risk of disruption to just 100,000s of people, but the water companies are good at bottled water.
8. Some of our single biggest industry and source of tax revenues services (finance) will be disrupted.
9. It will be years before we can send personal data backwards and forwards with the EU legally... fun for the IT industry.
10. We won’t be able to share information about criminals and terrorists with EU police forces and intelligence services (probably not a bad thing for Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnson personally), so you know terrorism, that’s a f*cker.
11. British expats in the EU will still get their pension but otherwise are going to have a right f*cking time of it.
12. Gibraltar is f*cked.
13. People are going to kick off (no sh*t did KFC’s chicken shortage not teach you this?)
14. Dartford crossing could get blocked and that would mean petrol shortages in London, Kent and South East.
15. Two oil refineries will close costing 2,000 jobs and causing two weeks of fuel shortages in the regions they serve.
16. Our insurance companies will use the excuse to f*ck over their EU clients.
17. If you are poor, you might find eating and putting fuel in your car even more challenging than usual.
18. Northern Ireland is proper f*cked – job loses, sparking protests and smuggling which will help dissident groups (terrorists) – huge pressure to beg for a deal with the EU.
19. Cod wars gonna kick right off big style... it’ll be like Pirates of the Caribbean.
20. Care homes could go pop en masse over the first 6 months.
I don’t see what the fuss is about, no-deal sounds great to me...🔷
Share this article now: