Defining Boris Johnson in just 5 consecutive questions asked at Wednesday’s Prime Minister’s Questions.
First published in June 2020.
Interestingly, once the Leader of the Opposition finishes asking his questions, the Prime Minister lets the mask slip and shows his true nature as he answers other MPs questions, including his own side’s.
Check out, for example, how upbeat Boris Johnson is when he answers questions about businesses – and loads of money is always available to support them. Then, contrast it with his answers about low-skilled workers, terminally-ill people, and jobs in general – when there is suddenly just no money left to support workers or the most vulnerable in society.
- Will there be any money for low skilled workers self-isolating who get 20% of their salary as sick pay?— J.N. PAQUET 🖊️ (@jnpaquet) June 24, 2020
- No promise of new furlough schemes in the future.
- Reducing VAT for hospitality sector?— J.N. PAQUET 🖊️ (@jnpaquet) June 24, 2020
- Yes! Look at the range of possibilities: business rate holiday, huge loans, grants...
- People with terminal conditions could lose their benefits if they live longer than 3 years. What about reviewing their access to benefits?— J.N. PAQUET 🖊️ (@jnpaquet) June 24, 2020
- We massively spent on universal benefits already... I'll revert to her by writing.
- The pubs, the clubs, the restaurants, and cafes will need further support in the months ahead.— J.N. PAQUET 🖊️ (@jnpaquet) June 24, 2020
- We will continue to support the hospitality sector.
- Will the PM commit to protecting vital aerospace jobs and invest in green aviation recovery to reduce future carbon emissions?— J.N. PAQUET 🖊️ (@jnpaquet) June 24, 2020
- We will bounce forward with new low-carbon tech that will continue to drive the UK formidable industry. As for jobs...
Interesting, isn’t it?
Does it remind you of something? The magic money tree, of course!🔷
Check their Voting Record:
🗳️ Keir Starmer