Today’s data indicate 41,385 new coronavirus cases (the HIGHEST UK number reported at any time during the pandemic!) and a further 357 deaths.
First published in December 2020.
Today’s UK Covid Data Headlines
Note: The data for deaths attributed to Covid-19 - each following a reported positive test result for Covid-19 within 28 days of their death.
Today’s 7-day trendline chart is provided below:
UK Covid-19 headline data, reported on 28 December 2020:
- 41,385 further positive tests – the HIGHEST UK number reported at any time during the pandemic!
- 357 further deaths in the last 24 hours
- 2,143 hospital admissions (reported as of 20/12)
- 21,286 hospital in-patients in total (reported as of 22/12)
- 1,529 patients on ventilation beds (reported as of 22/12)
However, these data only include those who have died within 28 days of testing positive; other measures suggest the number of deaths is higher: 79,349 being reported as “the total number of deaths of people whose death certificate mentioned Covid-19 as one of the causes, registered up to Friday, 11 December 2020.”🔷
- Daily summary: Coronavirus in the UK | UK Government
Dr Joe Pajak, Professional experience applied scientific research and development, then director of a national children’s charity, trustee of a disability charity, and governor of NHS foundation trust hospitals.