A further 55,892 coronavirus infections have been reported in the last 24 hours, with over 540,000 new cases reported in the last 14 days, and sadly 964 new deaths in 24 hours, Dr Joe Pajak writes.
First published in December 2020.
Note: The data for deaths attributed to Covid-19 - each following a reported positive test result for Covid-19 within 28 days of their death.
The data also indicate that there have been 540,121 new cases reported in the past 14 days, almost twice the 14-day figures reported two weeks ago on 17 December.
UK Covid-19 headline data, reported on 31 December 2020:
- 55,892 further positive tests – the HIGHEST UK number reported at any time during the pandemic!
- 964 further deaths in the last 24 hours
- 2,433 new hospital admissions (reported as of 22/12)
- 23,813 hospital in-patients in total (reported as of 28/12)
- 1,847 patients on ventilation beds (reported as of 28/12)
However, these data only include those who have died within 28 days of testing positive; other measures suggest the number of deaths is higher: 82,624 being reported as “the total number of deaths of people whose death certificate mentioned Covid-19 as one of the causes, registered up to Friday, 18 December 2020.”🔷
- Daily summary: Coronavirus in the UK | UK Government
Dr Joe Pajak, Professional experience applied scientific research and development, then director of a national children’s charity, trustee of a disability charity, and governor of NHS foundation trust hospitals.