A further 53,285 coronavirus infections have been reported in the last 24 hours, with over 564,899 new cases reported in the last 14 days, and sadly 613 new deaths in 24 hours, Dr Joe Pajak writes.
First published in January 2021.
Note: The data for deaths attributed to Covid-19 - each following a reported positive test result for Covid-19 within 28 days of their death.
UK Covid-19 data, reported on 1 January 2021:
- 53,285 further positive tests
- 613 further deaths in the last 24 hours
- 2,434 new hospital admissions (reported as of 22/12)
- 23,823 hospital in-patients in total (reported as of 28/12)
- 1,847 patients on ventilation beds (reported as of 28/12)
However, these data only include those who have died within 28 days of testing positive; other measures suggest the number of deaths is higher: 82,624 being reported as “the total number of deaths of people whose death certificate mentioned Covid-19 as one of the causes, registered up to Friday, 18 December 2020.”🔷
- Daily summary: Coronavirus in the UK | UK Government
Dr Joe Pajak, Professional experience applied scientific research and development, then director of a national children’s charity, trustee of a disability charity, and governor of NHS foundation trust hospitals.