10,807 COVID-19 deaths have been reported in the last 14 days in the UK. Government data also reports 46,169 coronavirus infections in the last 24 hours, and sadly a further 529 deaths, Dr Joe Pajak writes.
First published in January 2021.
Today’s Data in Focus
Note: The data for deaths attributed to COVID-19 – each following a reported positive test result for COVID-19 within 28 days of their death.
The Full Data
The 14-day UK data chart is provided below:
UK COVID-19 data, reported on 11 January 2021:
- 46,169 positive tests in last 24 hours 🦠
- 529 COVID-19 deaths in last 24 hours
- 4,193 further hospital admissions (7 January 2021) – the highest number admitted in one 24 hour period at any time during the pandemic!
- 32,294 hospital in-patients (to 7 January 2021) – the highest level at any time during the pandemic!
- 3,098 patients on ventilation beds (8 January 2021)
- 3,118,518 Positive Covid-19 cases have now been reported since the first case was reported on 31 January 2020
- 347 days since first reported case
- 311 days since first reported death
- 2,286,572 people have now received first vaccinations (cumulative reported 11/01/2021).
Since Boxing Day:
- 896,366 new cases 🦠
- 11,711 further deaths
Covid patients. | Wikimedia
The data is now reaching record levels, and we must never forget the data represent real people suffering, real people dying, and a situation that many would argue is so much worse because of poor decision-making and delayed action.🔷
- Daily summary: Coronavirus in the UK | UK Government
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) NHS Advice | PMP Magazine
Dr Joe Pajak, Professional experience applied scientific research and development, then director of a national children’s charity, trustee of a disability charity, and governor of NHS foundation trust hospitals.